Sunday 17 October 2010

David Kemp - Hounds of Geevor

Whilst searching for something or other I came across these little chaps.


Made from the old work boots of Cornish tin miners.
David Kemp makes wonderfully humorous and thought provoking pieces from ... well junk, basically. Take a look at his website to see lots more work and be sure to watch the video to see the hounds' girlfriends - the "well heeled bitches". He has a disarming approach to the making of art. His work is approachable and appealing, at the same time loaded with ..... stuff.
Enjoy! 

2 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Wonderful post! I love the hounds and well healed bitches. Amazing that they are made with old miners boots. The video was pretty amusing too.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

These are clever and cute!
Thanks for the intro-
And nice to 'meet' you- I will follow because I like your blog and because you made me spit coffee when I read the comment you left on my blog!