Sunday 21 October 2012

Some Sketching

 I've started drawing animals in my search for ideas for my garden tiles.
In the process I found out quite a lot about the wild boar in the UK.
 David Slater has taken some fabulous photographs.
 
 
 They were all looking cute, but static.
So I searched for animals with movement. 
 I also tried to do quicker sketches concentrating on shape with a minimum of detail.
I found it very difficult to work in just outline and avoid building tone and too much detail.
 
 
Next I think I should work out some patterns for the backgrounds maybe?



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you have created lots of movement in your bird drawings. Look forward to seeing what you do with the backgrounds.

renilde said...

love those running ducks, x

Anonymous said...

These are really good! I wouldn't know which would be my favourite. K.